Monday, December 18, 2006

The Job...

So...

I've officially been working for Incomm for 5 days. I've been assigned to customer care, and the work is sheer hell (well not exactly, but believe you me, it's close enough to make an eternity of being pain and horror seem more preferable.), I swear my english is suffering as well. The work isnt hard but it's tiresome. It's quite mind numbing having to listen to people bitch and whine about thier phones every single day and almost all of them seem to have this notion that our sole purpose is to service him/her, only.

No matter how many times we tell them that there are other mobiles that were sent in before them, they still go on and on about how we're taking sooo long to get to thier phone. The pay is peanuts, I get paid a grand total of 10 dollars a day. The sales staff get 15, which is way whacked considering I do alot more work. I'm really considering asking for a raise or else I'm gonna quit. To much work for to little pay = extortion, I don't care if I was hired as a "part timer".

That's another thing that gets me. I'm supposed to be a "part-time" employee. Can anyone clarify the definition of "part-time" for me? I'm working 9 to 6, 6 days a week, which is the exact same hours as the so called "full-time" employees, I do just as much work as them and get barely a fraction of the pay. meh...

Anyway, If anyone has a problem with their phones, come see me, I might not be able to get you a discount, but if you ask nicely I might just be able to speed things up a bit. ehehehehe. ^^
cheers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Haha. Part time could also mean you only work there for a limited period of time.

Like say... Jan- Feb? Whereas full time workers have a year long (or longer) contract.

- Vix

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home